It’s all about living life on purpose – one. day. at. a. time.
on pur-pose by design; intentionally
Live ON Purpose – WITH Purpose
We hear a lot about ‘having a purpose’ but what about ‘living on purpose’? Whether it’s a calling or a passion or a purpose, identifying a purpose is wonderful, but it’s just a thought unless it is lived out – ON PURPOSE!
This blog explores the meaning of living out your life on purpose with a 2 step process.
Identify your personal priorities. Determine what dreams you want to accomplish with your day/week/month/year…life.
- Personal priorities define what is most important to you; they keep you focused on what you don’t want to lose track of
- Your priorities will have various categories (family, career, spiritual, personal development, etc…)
- Your dreams are where you want to go, what you want to be, etc…
- You’ll have more than one dream – think big!
- Some dreams are long term, some are short term, many will be interconnected
The first syllable of pur•pose is our guide for step 1
P – pray (or meditate): take some time to be still; get quiet; listen
- Do this once a year to find your long-term passionate dream
- Do this once a month to identify short term passions/goal
- Do this daily to stay on track with monthly goals and long term dreams
U – unleash: let go of the negative thoughts, lies, voices, etc… that are telling you no (no you can’t, no you are not able, you are no good, etc…)
- Write them down and but flip the script and turn the no into a yes
- Declare lies as lies and claim a truth
- Let go of limiting thoughts
R – rejoice: look at the opportunities you have for the day/week/month/year and celebrate them
- Write down the resources you have to make things happen on purpose
- Keep a list of the people you know who can help you
- Acknowledge your skills, experience and personal abilities
Take action! Identify what you can do daily/weekly/monthly and do it on purpose.
- For a long term dream, start with an end goal date if you can
- Break down things you want to accomplish on purpose by month
- From there, break it down to weekly and/or daily steps you can take on purpose
- Write it and then do it…on purpose!
The second syllable of pur•pose is our guide for step 2
Prioritize Opportunities & do Something Every day.
Prioritize Opportunities: [read more]
Start each day/week by looking at the opportunities you wrote down in step 1 and prioritize them in order of importance.
- Is this something that I can/want/need to do right now to move me forward towards a goal?
- How important is it that I make this happen this day/week?
- If I don’t do this now, will I miss a valuable opportunity?
- Can this wait a day/week and still be a valuable opportunity?
Do Something (on purpose) Every Day: [read more]
- Schedule it like you would an appointment
- Treat it like a must do, not a hope to do
- Whether an hour, 15 minutes, or a combined blocks of time, find the opportunities you have and do something with them
Do Something On Pur•pose…
- Take a look at your calendar – is it planned with purpose?
- What, if anything, is getting in the way of living your life on purpose?
- What is one thing you can do today to live on purpose and make progress towards your goals; aspirations; life priorities?
- When can you schedule a block of time to do step one (Pray/Unleash/Rejoice) for some longer term dreaming?
- When can you schedule time in your monthly/weekly calendar to do step two?