- I can’t
- I’m not educated enough
- I can’t talk to people
- I don’t have time
- I’m not talented enough
- My life is to complicated to be able to (_____)
- I’m too (shy/unorganized/____) to be successful at (____)
- People don’t like me like they like her/him
- People will think I’m (stupid/crazy/wrong/____)
- I don’t have enough confidence
- I’ll never be able to (____)
- She/he can do it because (___) but I’m not that good at (____)
Statements like these are endless. We all have them – those negative thoughts that, if given the power, can stop us. Often called ‘tapes’, they play over and over in our heads, limiting our beliefs.
So let’s UNLEASH those negative thoughts and stop limiting our belief in what can be! Negative thoughts only have the power we give them; the power of misperceived truth. When we replace these thoughts with real truth, unlimited power is unleashed within us.
Unleashing your limited beliefs will unleash the limitless power of truth!
Flip the Script
There is a NEW truth to be found in every negative thought or limited belief. It starts with a true desire to find it. It’s not a matter of just deciding that this is no longer true about me as this just leaves an empty space that the lie refillS the first opportunity it gets. To be truly unleashed, we must fill the empty space with a truth.
On a piece of paper, draw a line down the middle. On the left, write a negative thought or a limiting belief. On the right, flip it into a truth.
To help the process, ask yourself some of these questions to turn a perceived truth into a real truth.
When dealing with a negative thought…
Where does this negative thought come from
- If from a person, it is their perception or a reality
- If a perception, what, if anything, caused that perception and what is the real truth
- If it’s a reality from the past – what has changed to make it no longer true
- If it’s a reality in the present – what can change to make it no longer true
Negative tape from the past: You aren’t outgoing enough to do this.
- This comes from (______) who doesn’t know me very well
- It’s their perception because they are very outgoing and like to be the center of attention
- It’s also their perception that only people like them can be successful at xx kind of purpose
- The real truth is that I let people like (____) talk because it makes them feel heard and important.
Flipped script: I am a great listener. This skill allows me to develop strong relationships with all kinds of people and when I need to speak up, people care about what I have to say because they know I care about them.
When dealing with a limiting belief…
Where does this limited belief come from:
- Is it a truth or a perception
- If a perception, how did that perception form and what is the actual truth
- If a truth, and it is a truth you want to overcome, what is one thing I can do to flip it
Limited belief: I don’t have enough time to make this happen in my life
- This is a truth…just look at my calendar
- If this is truly important to me, and I had to come up with one thing that I can do to flip this so I CAN make this happen in my life it would be to take some time and evaluate how I can free myself from obligations that are no longer benefitting my purposes at this time
Flipped script: I am passionate and excited about this opportunity, so let me work on freeing up more time to dedicate to this.
It’s a Process
Living on purpose with unleashed power of truth and belief is an ongoing process. Take time to do it regularly and especially when you realize negative thoughts and limited beliefs are taking root and filling up space where it does not belong.
- Answer this question – What areas in your life are being limited by thoughts or beliefs you need to unleash (relationships/business/family/health)
- Using the self-coaching questions above, do a ‘flip the script’ exercise – and get started today
Need help? Let’s connect. Living on purpose with unleashed power of truth and belief is not a special skill or ability that some have and some do not. We all have everything within us to live on purpose, but sometimes we need help finding it! My passionate purpose is to help others sort and sift through the questions that lead them to the truths that already exist within them. Wanna chat?