An Empowered Mind
It’s often said that it’s the start that stops most people. I like to add that the start is first stopped in the mind. We jump into an idea with enthusiasm, anticipation and hope of things to come. Then…when it’s time to start taking action to make something happen…we begin thinking. Thinking of:
- Actions we need to take
- Information we need to learn
- Skills we need to develop
This leads to more thinking and questions…
- What is the first thing I need to do?
- Where do I learn more about this?
- How can I develop skills to do this?
Which can then lead to doubting and more questioning…
- What makes me think I can find time to do this?
- What if I’m not smart enough to do this?
- What made me think I could do this?
OR… we can choose to let it lead to empowered thoughts and affirmations!
- What needs to be put on the back burner so I have time to make this happen?
- What have I learned over the years that I can bring into this and grow from there?
- What do I bring to the table to get this started?
MIND EMPOWERING THOUGHTS move ideas into action and actions into results. Since January is often a time when we begin to have ideas about making things better and improving our lives, I wanted to dedicate a few posts on things we can do to empower our minds with positive thoughts to fuel our actions and overpower limiting thoughts.
Mirror Mirror On the Wall ….
Using an erasable marker, write this on your bathroom mirror…
Then for a full month (or to the end of this month but no less than 10 days in a row) write one positive word about yourself each morning.
- What skills do you have?
- What positive character traits do you have?
- What are good things people say about you?
If limiting thoughts or negative words start to intrude in this exercise, flip the script and turn that into a positive thought or word.
- Ask yourself where that thought or word came from?
- Is it a fact or an opinion?
- If an opinion, what is the truth
- If a fact, is it a fact from the past and what word describes how you are overcoming this
- A negative word about yourself is often a lie that you’ve come to believe over time. Stop and challenge the lie and find the word that speaks the truth
This is the empowering and fun part! Every morning, look into that mirror and say OUTLOUD, “I am…” and read every single word you have written to date. Then add your new word.
Give it a try! Do it on purpose with the intention of empowering your mind for all the plans God has for you this year.
- What’s a good day for you to start this exercise?
- What is the first word you will write?
- Who do you know that can give you a good word to write?
Need help? Let’s connect. Living on purpose is not a special skill or ability that some have and some do not. We all have everything within us to live on purpose, but sometimes we need help finding it! My passionate purpose is to help others sort and sift through the questions that lead them to the truths that already exist within them. Wanna chat?